About the Scorecard
ACLU California Action publishes an annual legislative scorecard evaluating the vote records of California’s 120 state legislators on pressing civil rights and civil liberties legislation from the prior year.
We weigh in on hundreds of bills a year, ranging from criminal justice to privacy to voting rights. Review our newly released 2022-23 legislative scorecard here to:
- Find out where your legislator stands on the most consequential civil rights and civil liberties issues impacting Californians today.
- Thank “Champions” and “Advocates” for their support.
- Call on all legislators to join us in our ongoing fight for justice for democracy.
ACLU California Action is nonpartisan. We do not endorse or oppose candidates for elected office, nor do we make financial contributions to candidates. We urge voters to go to the polls and educate the public about their legislators’ records on civil rights and civil liberties through a range of programs, including amplifying key votes cast by legislators through in-district paid communications campaigns.
HOW SCORES ARE CALCULATED
- Champions: Legislators who scored 100% on legislation officially sponsored by ACLU California Action in 2022.
- Advocates: Legislators who scored 90-99% on legislation officially sponsored by ACLU California Action in 2022.
The information available on this site, such as the legislators, score, caucus, committee, and district number, are based on the data from the 2022 legislative session. As a result of redistricting, you may be represented by different lawmakers and/or have different district numbers. To see your updated information, click here.