All the rights and liberties guaranteed by our constitution apply to all immigrants, regardless of immigration status. We challenge the serious civil rights violations faced by immigrant communities.
- Ensuring no one can be imprisoned in an immigration jail without an opportunity for a hearing.
- Ensuring conditions in which immigrants are detained are humane.
- Ensuring that no one can be deported without a fair hearing and access to legal assistance.
- Protecting against unconstitutional searches and arrests by federal immigration agents.
- Guaranteeing that non-citizens have equal access to naturalization and other important immigration benefits.
- Ensuring state officials will not be complicit in unjust federal policies.
Immigrant Rights Legislation
Stop Transfers to ICE (AB 937)
Too many of our community members who have served their time and been deemed eligible for release have been transferred unnecessarily from our jails and prisons to immigration detention. The VISION Act protects those individuals …